May - October 2022 (ongoing)
How can Sortland regain bustling life along their quay, and create value in the meeting places between land and water? This is the challenge we are designing a new solution for with the people, businesses and municipality of Sortland.
This design project is funded by DOGA's GNIST programme, and is excuted in cooperation with Leva Urban Design and StudioNN.
Role: UX researcher/designer
Circular Resource Central
November 2021 - june 2022
Design project funded by DOGA's DIP programme (design driven innovasjon), in cooperations with Resirqel, SRAS, and DoPurpose.
- Mapping out needs and challenges central user groups experience with regards to a resource central and to reuse of construction materials.
- Lead group interviews with developers, architects, entrepreneurs, authorities and advisors.
- Analysis of qualitative date.
- Iterativ work with user journey maps and the circular business model.
Hovinbyen Circular Oslo
August 2021 - january 2022
Preliminary project for the new innovation district in Hovinbyen, in cooperation with Mathilde Blichfeldt Mjønes (Kybri), Siri Warren (DoPurpose) and Sverre Landmark (Probiz).
Tasks: Fascilitation of the perspectives, needs and recommendations of vital voices in HSO, communication of central research questions for a further feasibility study.
- Group interviews and workshop with key organizations/companies (a.o. OBOS, Kuben Upper Secondary School, REG, BYM, NTNU, Sintef, NHO, Lo, OSC, Verdane, Modulize, OsloMet, Norsk gjenvinning, Franzefoss, Fortum, Construction City, Økern Sentrum, etc.)
- Content analysis and communication of findings.
Young in Løren
August 2021 - February 2022
Preliminary project and early stage research to better understand young people's perspectives in order to improve the area of Løren to meet their needs. In cooperation with Pådriv, KFUK-KFUM, Folkelig, Kompass & co, Sinsen kirke, individuals from Pådriv, etc.
- Fieldwork, in-depth interviews and workshop with young people from the area working in the projects.
- Analysis and communication of new insights.
- Development and analysis of questionaires.
Not exactly Standard
August - September 2020
Report for Attåt/Ikke-Akkurat-Standard/NMBU
"Cognitive, cultural and social motivators and barriers for consumption of "not standard produce" - A social antropological evaluation.
- Literature analysis
- Report and presentation of findings.
The Value of Litter
August - december 2020
In cooperation with Empact. A social anthropological study of unorganized, individual litter picking in urban spaces.
- Literature analysis
- Etnography and in-depth interviews
- Analysis and communication of findings in report
- Public event, presentation of findings
- UX research for app
Climate change in Everyday Life
Oktober 2018 - oktober 2019
"Understanding climate change: Dealing, sense-making and building on non-experience" explored the role of climate change in the everyday life of young adults in Oslo, conducted for the University of Vienna.
- Qualitative research methods
- Interview technique and methods of analysis
- Planning, conducting and presentation of the complete project
Ecotourism in Siberia
May 2018 - june 2018
Anthropological fieldwork in Siberia, Russia, with the topic: Ecotourism and remoteness. Conducted for the University of Vienna.
- Fieldwork methods and ethnography
- Interview techniques and cooperation with translators
Events and fascilitation
Leading the Pådriv working group: Circular production in cities
January 2022 - december 2022 (ongoing)
Fascilitating and leading this thematically focused work group with representative from Sweco, Tekna, Pådriv, Vollebekk Fabrikker, Sirkulær Ressurssentral, Kuben, Spir Oslo and HSO.
Breakfast seminar: How to increase reuse of furniture within Oslo Municipality
Host and chair of debate, event in cooperation with Bykuben, Utviklings- og kompetanseetaten, Bymiljøetaten, and Renovasjons- og gjenvinningsetaten.
Concept and host. Organized in cooperation with SoCentral.
Concept and host. Organized in cooperation with Pådriv.
Talks, lectures and workshops
Presentation: Nudging as a tool for behavioural change
SoCentral, Klimasats-forum #2 - food waste
Presentation and debate:
Social scientists and sustainability
Samfunnsviterne - Digital event
Lunch and learn: Interview methods - 3 uncomfortable truths which will make you a better interviewer
PwC - BXT lunch
Webinar: How culture influences what we see, think and feel about climate change and our capacity for action or non-action
Norec - digital event
Presentation: Climate change "on the body", anecdotal evidence and experts
University of Bergen - Climate Change Temporalities Conference
Presentation: The Value of Litter
Public event, in cooperation with Empact.
Talk: How do "most people" relate to climate change?
Viken County Municipality, the sustainability network. Digital event.
Youth against greenwashing
June - August 2020
Schools and clubs in Oslo.
Workshop: How to avoid getting tricked by greenwashing?
The volunteer central in Frogn.
The Anthropology Days in Trondheim.
Lecture: Understanding Climate Change
Presentation of my research for the VHS (der Wiener Volkshochschulen).
April - september 2022
Parallell assignment for the development of Munkehagen on Grønlikaia, Oslo. Team Transborder, with Lo:Le, Bollinger+Grohman and Akvaplan-niva.
Role: Adviser on social sustainability and citizen participation.